Sunday, November 14, 2010

@Acid Mothers Temple

So for Dorian's birthday, I thought it best to convince everyone at the party to head to OCCII to catch a set from Acid Mothers Temple. (I think they enjoyed it, anyway they seem to.) I have admired them ever since Mr. Stanley, designer extraodinaire, turned me on to them. I am not sure what else to say about the AMT, perhaps "epic freedom". They are talented musicians who are comfortable with non-trivial (musical) experimentation. Meaning: it is not all about defining a particular sound or trademark style, e.g. you don't go to see them because you know what is going to happen. It is as much about the process as it is about  producing some-sort-of product. You *can* go to a show expecting the the unexpected. Of course, they do not perform with a routine energy. No. It is all very fresh and genki. 

 In short, it is a performance that makes the rainy bike ride worth while. Also, I realized that I have not had the opportunity to rock out, laughingly, in some time.   
ありがとう